Thursday 18 September 2014

History


Casa Manila

A week ago one of my best friends, Tricia, and I went on a spontaneous trip around Intramuros, and our first stop was Casa Manila. For those who don't know, Casa Manila museum depicts how the wealthy lived during the Spanish colonization of the Philippines. It is so beautiful. I remember visiting the museum as a child, but I fell further in love with it when I walked through it last week; especially knowing that my uncle was the architect. Of course photos were not allowed to be taken inside the museum, so you'll just have to go and see it!

San Agustin Church

After Casa Manila we walked across the street to San Agustin Church. Made of stone, the 408 year old church has withstood the test of time and two wars, including World War II. Unfortunately, it was closed at the time we went so we decided, as if we had a choice, to just admire it from the outside. Look at how amazingly detailed the doors are. AMAZING.

 San Agustin Church
Well hello, Tricia.
Fort Santiago

Our last stop was Fort Santiago; this beautiful citadel that witnessed Jose Rizal's last days before his execution. Here we walked through the Rizal Shrine and saw where Rizal was held, as well as the letters he wrote his family before his death. It was so amazing! I had never felt that way before; I don't even know how to explain it.


 Here's to learning more about our country, and spending less than 200 bucks to do so!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kiana Your photos is really nice. I wanna ask what camera u've used for capturing these photos?

    ReplyDelete